Monument on the Former Site
of the Chapel of Our Lady on the Cape
In 1563, Brother Luis de Almeida started missionary work in Arima domain,
upon arriving from Yokoseura.
In Kuchinotu, the temple on the tract of land donated by Arima Yoshisada
was repaired and rebuilt as a chapel .
Alarmed by the riot that started in Omura domain on August 15, 1563,
Fr. Cosme de Torres, Superior of the Jesuit mission in Japan,
also came to Kuchinotu the following year developing the town
into an important center for missionary work.